Thursday, March 17, 2011

Daddy "Mommy wants this for her birthday".....

A few weeks back we hung the birthday flag in honor of Daddy and Mommy's March birthdays.  I am always torn about the birthday flag because I LOVE ST PATRICK's Day and LOVE BIRTHDAYS all the same so the St. Pat's flag doesn't get it's fair share of time.  Since my day is the 16th and David's is the 30th the St. Pat's flag will fly only on St Pat's day and then we go back to another birthday flag for the rest of the month. 

I let Luke pick the flag for the first of the month.  He chose MICKEY BIRTHDAY.  I then told him that Mommy wanted something for her birthday and had to make sure that daddy knew about it but to not tell Daddy that I asked for it.  He then listened to me carefully tell him that I wanted a carrot cake.

Not more than 20 minutes later we get in the car and Luke announces to daddy that he has a secret and he tells me not to listen.  He says "Daddy, it's mommy's birthday and she wants a carrot".  I start to laugh.  I am picturing a CARROT for a bunny to eat and David immediately thinks of a KARAT for a diamond or some type stone.  David was very confused as he knows that the rule is to "NEVER EVER" get me jewelry.  For those of you who really know me you know why.  So David looks at me in question and I explain that I want a 'carrot cake'.  He was quite relieved.  Big bucks saved for him on that karat I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment